Generational marketing is the development of specific marketing strategies to target each age demographic based on their observed consumer behaviors and tendencies:
• Baby Boomers – Inclined towards traditional advertising, but have an existing online presence too. Keep content simple and straightforward.
• Generation X – Consumes traditional and digital media in equal parts. Places great value in peer reviews and usable content such as discount coupons and limited offers.
• Millennials – Information about the products and services should be readily available online. Likes to see new innovations.
• Generation Z – Most tech-savvy. Prefers short videos and user-generated content that they can share on social media.
– Marie Gabrielle Patasin, C2 Communications