Increasingly, companies need to prioritize their internal communications to ensure success on external fronts – employees are demanding it. Many of the same tips we put into practice everyday for our member- and media-facing communications apply internally too:
• Fostering a sense of community keeps employees informed and connected
• Use internal social media tools like Slack or Teams strategically to to build connection
• Focus on transparency and authenticity
• Use video to deliver important messages, provide training or share company news
• Personalize and segment: create targeted messages relevant to specific needs and interests of different employees
Strong internal communication drives innovation and growth.