In honor of Paris Fashion Week, I met with Kaitlan Benedict. A local personal stylist, Benedict suggests five trendy pieces professional women need in their closets:
• Statement blazer: Go bold with color or prints.
• Structured handbag: A classic, yet timeless look.
• Kitten heel: Go all day in a slingback or mule.
• Midi skirt: Upgrade that pencil skirt and go for pleats or prints.
• Button shirt: Try ruffles or puffy sleeves.
Benedict offers this sensible advice when incorporating trendy styles into your professional wardrobe: “Trends are done best when mixed and matched with classic staples that already exist in your closet.”