Collections of the 1% Infrastructure Surtax began Jan. 1, 2019 and were to continue for seven years, or until the tax generated $490 million countywide (Collier County and its three municipalities). Counting collections through May 2023, the tax generated over $490 million, so the tax will conclude Dec. 31.
To date, $157.3 million of the Infrastructure Surtax has been expended on these projects:
• $38.6 million – Big Corkscrew Island Regional Park.
• $33.6 million – Vanderbilt Beach Road extension.
• $30.0 million – Veterans’ nursing home.
• $24.3 million – Bridges and related structures.
Learn more about the designated projects for Collier County’s Infrastructure Surtax at CollierClerk.com.
– Crystal K. Kinzel, Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller