Are you thinking of changing jobs? Make sure to follow these resume tips to boost your chances of getting hired.
• Keep it concise, simple, and brief. The rest of the details can be given during the interview.
• It should be packaged specifically for the job for which you’re applying.
• Make it presentable. Choose resume layouts appropriate for the job.
• When highlighting skills, quantify. It is not enough to say that you have a good command of the English language. Show results of standard proficiency tests to prove your point.
• Ask somebody to double-check what you prepared to avoid typographical errors.
– Ewan Shanks, Excel Guyana Inc.