Not only is it important to create a disaster supplies kit, but it’s important to maintain it. You want to make sure your supplies are kept in good condition so when you need them, they are available.
The Florida Division of Emergency Management offers advice to ensure your supplies are ready:
• Be sure to keep canned foods in a dry, cool place.
• Toss cans that are swollen, dented or corroded.
• Store dry food in plastic or metal containers to prevent water intrusion.
• Change stored food and water every six months.
• Keep supplies easily accessible in a bag or plastic crate.
– Amanda Theobald, C2 Communications