Home Public AffairsGovernment Updates Ask the Clerk: How do I change my name?

Ask the Clerk: How do I change my name?

by The 100 Companies

Getting your name changed is a relatively simple procedure that does not require an attorney. If the change is associated with a divorce or adoption, it should be requested and may be approved during your case.

Otherwise, you can access required forms in person at our Legal Self-Help Center or downloaded online here.

After you file the case, you must get your fingerprints taken electronically for a State and national criminal history records check unless you are restoring a former name. Once that history is received, there will be a court date to approve the name change.

Read more here.

– Crystal K. Kinzel, Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The SWFL 100
Verified by ExactMetrics