Baking the perfect apple pie can be intimidating. These essential tips and techniques will guarantee you present the perfect apple pie for your guests on Thanksgiving.
1. Keep ingredients cold. This goes for both ingredients and equipment and ensures that you get the best crust.
2. Choose tart apples. The tarter the apple, the more likely it will hold shape upon baking.
3. Go easy on the seasoning.
4. Par-cook your apples. This helps the apples hold their shape when you bake them.
5. Let your pie rest. Letting it sit and set for a few hours will give the pie crust a flakier texture.
– Allison Silverstein, C2 Communications