When making travel plans for spring, keep these Southern towns in mind:
1. Savannah, Georgia, has beautiful, historic homes from the antebellum period, cobblestone streets and preserved parks.
2. Charleston, South Carolina, is where you will spend your time strolling along the Battery promenade, touring Fort Sumter.
3. Nashville, Tennessee, is a magnet for music lovers, and attractions like the Grand Ole Opry host live shows.
4. Asheville, North Carolina, is known for its booming arts and music scene, with galleries and live shows everywhere.
5. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, has incredible food, ranging from Creole to traditional Southern.
– Laura Rambo, The Tallahassee 100