A recent survey by talent sourcing company Randstad showed that an overwhelming majority (90%) of employees would take a bonus or extra vacation days over a company holiday party. If you’re one of the 90%, here are a few survival tips:
• Don’t skip it. Time to be a team player.
• Don’t drink excessively. We’ve all heard stories …
• Prep your elevator pitch. This is a great opportunity for some face time with the higher-ups.
• Dress appropriately. If the event is fairly formal, don’t show up in an ugly Christmas sweater.
• Ask if significant others are welcome. Don’t assume they’re invited.
– Chris Keene, The Arkansas 100