Today, the Lee County School District will debut a documentary on the impact of Hurricane Ian and the community’s response.
One year later, here are some quick facts about restoration efforts:
• Estimated $230 million in damage.
• $56.8 million reimbursed so far.
• Only $10.9 million from FEMA.
Two permanent repairs remain:
• Covered walkway at Pine Island Elementary and flooring at Cypress Lake Middle.
• Seven roof replacements nearing completion.
Two finish next week and the rest by the end of the year:
• Fort Myers Beach Elementary reopening this fall.
• New Hector A. Cafferata Jr. K-8 to open in 2025.