The youngest in the millennial generation are now adults. How does this generation compare to young adults of other generations, like baby boomers and the silent generation?
Pew Research breaks down the comparison:
• They’re better educated. This factor is tied to employment and financial well-being.
• They’ve brought more racial and ethnic diversity to American society.
• Millennial women are more likely to work, with 73 percent employed today, compared to 40 percent of young women in 1966.
• Millennials are slower to form their own households. Less than half are married – a drop from 83 percent of silents married in 1968.
– Ashley Ross, The Oklahoma 100