With a few steps to protect your furry family members, stressful and dangerous situations can be avoided to keep your holidays more enjoyable.
• Keep decorations, wrapping paper, tinsel and metal hooks that may become choking hazards out of your pets reach.
• Avoid sharing sweet treats and people food. Scraps of meat can carry harmful bacteria, cooked bones splinter and Xylitol can be deadly.
• Decorate with holiday plants wisely. Poinsettias, holly, mistletoe, lilies, daffodils and amaryllis have a risk of toxicity and death.
• Ensure your pet has a quiet and safe place to retreat when overwhelmed.
– Deanna Deppen, Shy Wolf Sanctuary Education & Experience Center