Despite increased demand for essential services, nearly all nonprofit organizations in the country have seen a negative financial impact from coronavirus. Charitable giving is almost at a halt, particularly for smaller organizations.
Here are a few tips for service organizations that want to be forward looking:
1. Remain calm. This too shall pass, and history has demonstrated that we will recover.
2. Communicate with your donor base, and keep them updated on the great work you are continuing.
3. Refresh your grant list. Take the extra time to get all your grant applications in.
4. Research new prospective donors, and build an action plan.
– Steven Kissinger, C2 Communications