The environmental impact of personal protection equipment is adding up. But there are sustainable alternatives to create less waste while staying safe.
- Wear reusable face masks. Washable cloth masks are widely available.
- Don’t wear single use gloves. Gloves don’t prevent infection as any germs on your gloves are transferred to all other surfaces you touch.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaners. You can avoid toxic chemicals and still disinfect. One example is hydrogen peroxide.
- Dispose of your PPE properly. Single-use PPE is turning up in our waterways, affecting sea turtles and shorebirds. Make sure to throw away disposable PPE in proper receptacles.
– Katie Betz, C2 Communications