- This event has passed.
Discovering Dinosaurs Summer Camp ( ages 6-8 only)
July 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - July 17, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EDT$220 – $250
Edison and Ford Winter Estates’ Summer Camp registration is open. Campers will explore the “living laboratory” of the estates while the Wild Wizards teach topics in science technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM), plus history and the natural world. Campers are separated into two age groups (6-8 and 9-12). Most of the camps are available for both age groups; camps for younger students are less complex. The camps are fun, educational, and unlike other local opportunities. Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
This paleontology primer will inspire and educate campers. From Pangaea to Fort Myers, campers unearth fossils, build models, investigate teeth, and more during this fun and fast-paced camp. This program is $220 for Edison Ford members and $250 for non-members. Spots are available the ages 6-8 group only! Visit https://www.edisonfordwinterestates.org/education/camps/ for registration information or email Leeanne Criswell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect the campers and staff, several important modifications have been made.
• All camps will run at less than 50% capacity.
• Per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations, camp sign-in times will be staggered: ages 6-8 from 8:45 to 9 a.m. and ages 9-12 from 9 to 9:15 a.m. Sign-out times: ages 6-8 from 3:45 to 4 p.m. and ages 9-12 from 4 to 4:15 p.m.
• Students who are able to do so will wear masks while in the classroom. We will allow for breaks from the mask in limited safe outdoor situations and for of course water, snack, and lunch breaks (and as needed). Social distancing guidelines will be maintained whether students are wearing masks or not, and whether they are indoors or outdoors. The mask should be washed regularly at home. If your camper is unable to wear a mask for any reason, please let us know.
• Camp sign-in will take place in a car line rather than inside the museum. Each camper will receive a brief symptom and temperature check before exiting their vehicle. No campers experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be allowed to enter camp.
• Group projects will be altered to avoid close proximity and frequent touch surfaces.
• Daily cleaning protocols have been greatly enhanced.
• Rigorous hand washing and sanitation routines for campers and staff will be in place.
• Time spent outdoors will be increased substantially (as weather allows).
• Edison Ford staff will wear masks at all times.