Thanksgiving dinner is going to be pricier this year. But, you can still enjoy a hearty meal with family and friends. Here are some tips to help keep your Thanksgiving expenses manageable.
• Shop Early. Prices spike as holidays or social celebrations draw nearer. If you can, shop early for ingredients especially those that have long shelf-life.
• Look for Deals. Take advantage of coupons, discounts, sales and freebies.
• Split Costs. Be practical and share costs with whomever you are spending Thanksgiving dinner.
• Substitute Ingredients. Be creative and check out more affordable alternatives for your ingredients. Also, frozen foods are much cheaper.
– Jovana Cresta Duhaylungsod, C2 Communications