What better way to spike your hot summer nights than a good-old American cocktail? Here is a simple Sherry Cobbler recipe, tried and tested since the 1800s:
• In a glass, mix the simple syrup made with boiled sugar and water with orange or any available seasonal fruit.
• Muddle the fruit and make sure that you squeeze all the juice and zest.
• Pour the Amontillado sherry.
• Add crushed ice until halfway through the glass.
• Swizzle all the ingredients together.
• Add more crushed ice to top the glass and then swizzle to incorporate all the ingredients.
• Garnish with an orange or cherry.
– Jovana Cresta Duhaylungsod, C2 Communications