Payment fraud is a real issue for small business owners. Your best defense? A good offense.
Being proactive helps protect your business against criminal activity. Payment fraud can happen in three ways:
1. Fraudulent or unauthorized transactions
2. Lost or stolen merchandise
3. False requests for a refund, return or bounced checks
Luckily, there are steps you can take to help limit or prevent credit card fraud:
1. Require customers to input the CVC code for all online transactions
2. Be aware of suspicious activity in store and online
3. Ask the customer for ID before completing the transaction
For more information, please visit our blog.