South Florida’s favorite mini lobster season is open July 27 and 28. The full season for Florida’s spiny lobster runs from August 6 to March 31. Here are some things you need to know before you head out to the water:
• Permits and licenses should be in place.
• There are bag limits to how many you can catch.
• Only those with licenses can actively harvest.
• Monroe County prohibits night diving.
• Recreational trapping is prohibited.
• Safety is a priority so make sure your boat and gears are ready.
Make sure to check more guidelines issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
– Jovana Cresta Duhaylungsod, C2 Communications